Lending a Hand
Volunteering at The Center is more than an opportunity for service; it’s an invitation to join a community where you find inspiration in unexpected places. Whether you’re looking for a one-time experience or an ongoing commitment, there is a place for you at The Center.
The Center needs volunteers every day of the week in multiple areas, and we take special care to match your unique skill set to where it is needed most. We also welcome schools, churches, and businesses looking to make a difference to those we serve. When you apply to volunteer at The Center, you are applying for a truly personalized volunteer experience that you will not find anywhere else.
If you would like to be a volunteer at The Center, please fill out the application below. Be sure to include the areas in which you are interested in working and the days and times you are available. You can either email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off on our campus as 3550 West Dallas in Houston. Please be sure to download and read our orientation form before volunteering at The Center.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Administrative Support – Providing front desk support, filing, data entry, phones, etc in various campus departments.
- Volunteer Classroom Aid – If you love to teach this is perfect for you. You will be a class room aid in one of our amazing program classrooms, where we teach clients everything including counting, time keeping, bus schedules, counting money and even Spanish!
- Vocational Volunteer Coach – Model appropriate behavior in the work place. You will model to our clients how to act in the work place, including things like cleanliness, respect, responsibility, as well as the actual work.
- Volunteer Receptionist Relief – Answer phones and greet clients and visitors at The Cullen Residence Hall.
- Volunteer Workshop Receptionist Relief (Fridays only) – Answer the phones and greet clients and visitors in our workshop.
- Volunteer Craft Aide – Help oversee our clients making beautiful pieces of artwork at the crafting center, which are then placed for sale in our retail environments.
- Volunteer Client Escort (11-1 or 2-4) – Ensure safe transport of clients to and from lunch, classrooms, nurse’s stations and more!
- Volunteer Beautification Team – Providing clean up and spruce up of gardens, common areas and landscaping.
- Gingersnaps, Etc. Volunteer Staff – Support packing, labeling and sealing of the amazing Gingersnaps and Cheese Snaps for our volunteer-powered Gingersnaps, Etc. program! All proceeds from Gingersnaps benefit The Center.
- Volunteer Retail Sales Support – Supporting the retail opportunities created for client shopping as well as sale of client made items to the general public. Opportunities are available at the W. Dallas Campus in Houston, Willow River Farms near Sealy, Texas as well as at The Emporium at Eibands at 2201 Post Office Street in Galveston, TX.
Do you have a skill to share that is not listed above? Please contact Eileen Kelly at 713.525.8484.
For more information contact Community Relations at 713-525-8431 or email@example.com